Firstly, we would like to thank our members and riders for their on going support in these different and difficult times.
Following a committee meeting today, the BDRC Committee regret to inform all members that it made the descision to cancel the July 26th Points show.
On reviewing the current guidelines, to be able to provide a Covid-19 Secure show the committee could not in its opinion provide a show of 6 rings and 75 classes, with just the 6 members of the committee.
The guidelines for Covid-19 Secure are fairly large and would require considerable resources on the gate, checking people in, parking and each of the rings, which we do not have.
Therefore to keep us all safe, we have decided that the Show cannot go ahead.
We are going to continue to run events throughout the summer as non-points events and this month we pln the run the following, if there is demand:
- 12th July 2020 – Fun Field Ride – entries open now on HorseMonkey
- 17th July 2020 – Dani Holt WH/XC Clinic – please use this form to request a slot.
- 25th July 2020 – Unaffiliated Dressage – entries are limited to 10 per class and open now on HorseMonkey
- 26th July 2020 – Show Jumping and Working Hunter Open Competition. (Non-Points) Entries will be in advance and via HorseMonkey shortly. (Classes will be as the show schedule)
- 31st July 2020 – Dani Holt WH/XC Clinic – please use this form to request a slot.
- 2nd August 2020 – Dani Holt WH/XC Clinic – please use this form to request a slot.
Other events will be reviewed on an ongoing basis as the rest of the year unfolds and changes to the guidelines are possibly made.
If you would like the club to run something in particular over the summer, please do let us know and we will see if we can accommodate.
We thank you all for your understanding.