- Snaffle bridle only for prelim & novice
- Snaffle or simple double for elementary
- Correctly fastened riding hats to the current standard (PAS 015) must be worn at all times when mounted on the show ground.
- Competitors may only use items of saddlery which are accepted by British Dressage, this rule also applies when working in.
- Martingales / training aids are not permitted unless riding non-competitively.
- Whilst warming up, horses / ponies may only be ridden by the person who will be competing on them.
For a full list of British Dressage acceptable saddlery / further explanation please see British Dressage rule book.
All Bolton & District Riding Club Rules also apply to dressage competitors.